The best rap artists to relax to right now

 



For those of you like me - obsessing over the polls, constantly refreshing browsers, trying to keep track of how many votes are where - we gotta talk.

This election is extremely important and nerve wracking and I will admit that two nights ago, I didn't write any posts for the blog because I was too hyper focused on the polls. I actually didn't fall asleep until 4 a.m. that night and barely got any work for my actual job done. I even had to take a two hour nap because I was about to have a melt down.

Which brings me to my post today.

It's important to remember to take care of ourselves, including showering, getting extra sleep and hydrating. Let's be honest, none of that's going to be possible in the next days/weeks/months and that's understandable. At the very least, we have to try and relax and luckily, there are a few rappers off the top of my head that can do just that.

Check out my list of the five best artists to relax to:

STATIC RES


I know I featured this artist earlier in the week but what I wrote about him still tracks. In all honestly, I listened to his music to finally put me out on election night. His calm flow, chill acoustic beats and emo rap style is perfect to throw on at night while you're trying to disconnect.

Check him below:


He has a new album coming out 11/19 so get ready for new content on the blog!

PESO


If you're looking for a laid back vibe with a slightly more potent kick, check out Peso. This artist has a unique take on psychedelic rap that's not only easy to vibe to but makes you think. It's a great listen if you're looking to get out of your head for an hour or two.


He has a new album coming soon also!

637GODWIN


Sometimes we need to get in our feelings and 637Godwin has you covered. The rapper covers a whole slew of subjects but what's consistent is his brand of hype emo rap that doesn't rely solely on guitar riffs and suicide odes. In fact the artist borrows from a slew of other genres for his music like Jazz and Rock.

Check his album out below:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/deadly-devotion/1529321591

BLU & EXILE


I have to admit, this selection is a childhood favorite of mine. I've been vining with Blu and Exile since Blu was on the '09 xxl cover. One quick listen to this album and it's not hard to see why I love these guys so much. To contextualize what the sound like - Jazz on a rainy day. Blu's intelligent/smooth lyrics over Exile's equally sultry beats make for a listening experience that seems designed to relax you.

Check their album out below:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/miles/1512139537

FREDDIE GIBBS X ALCHEMIST


Another artist I'm obsessed with. Freddie Gibbs isn't a brand-new artist like some of those on top of the blog but his latest album "Alfredo," with The Alchemist has got to be one of the most chill albums out. I would recommend it as the jumping off point to begin your relaxation journey. It's aggressive/potent lyrics with a laid back jazzy vibe - Gibbs is somehow one of the only artists I know that can pull that off.


Check out their album below:

That just about wraps it up, I hope you enjoy the music and remember:

Take a deep breath, try to take care of yourself.

Lux

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCUT: Jack B talks his latest project "Growing Pains"

How to handle your family on Thanksgiving

Kipp Stone releases exclusive song for Kinda Neat