THE CUT: Lil Heartbreak is rap's next viral crooner

 



Most of the time, the music on this blog are artists I've stumbled on by chance or found while going down the rabbit hole on Youtube or Soundcloud. Today, I'm proud to say we have one of the very first artist submissions on the blog.

London's Lil Heartbreak first reached out to me back in October when I first started advertising my artist submission email (which has been hella dry, save for one other artist who will be on the blog soon). Instead of giving up because I had my head up my ass, Heartbreak kept at it.

I'm glad he did too because Heartbreak has talent and can leverage it into something bigger down the line. Sonically, the best way I could describe his music is fun and deceptively upbeat. Heartbreak's songs unsurprisingly center around well...heartbreak. 

That being said, what shines here is the blend of music that provides the backbone to his music. Borrowing from west coast vibes, classic r&b and grunge rock, each song Lil Heartbreak does is uniquely different and offers something new to digest. I never got bored while listening to his music.

To me, this is the kind of music I can listen to and shut off from the world after a long day of trying to survive 2020. I'm not sure what's next for this artist but I'm looking forward to whatever he does next.

Let me know what you think,

Lux



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCUT: Jack B talks his latest project "Growing Pains"

How to handle your family on Thanksgiving

Kipp Stone releases exclusive song for Kinda Neat