Bops and flops, March edition




With the first week of this blog's existence out of the way and March slowly fading over the hills behind us. My girlfriend thought it'd be a good idea to go over what I loved and hated about March so without further adieu.

Bop: Barstool Blogger Rone battle rap battling his dishwasher This video is absolutely silly from start to finish. My favorite part is the reaction shots from all the other appliances witnessing an absolute massacre unfold. Not to mention Rone's verses come correct and ruin his dishwasher's entire rap career point blanc. (still figuring out how to work embedding)



Flop: The entire month of March - Does anyone even know what day it is anymore? It all happened so quickly, one day I was making plans with my friends to go get drinks and celebrate new jobs - the next I was staying home thinking about creating a blog to kill time.

I mean, sports have been canceled, bars have been shut down and malls are closed. I can't even go out to get my haircut so I don't look like Ben Roethlisberger if he did a shit ton of cheese wiz shots and sliders.

Bop: Jay Electronica finally releasing his album - Who would have thought this was actually going to happen? I mean, when I was planning this blog I literally had a post listing out five things that would happen before his album dropped.

I still may release that list but damn, his album may be one of my top five out right now. Every track on that album is dope - my favorite being Shiny Suit Theory.

My one gripe (if you can even call this one) is too much Jay-Z.




Bop: Every other rap album that's released in March - Is it me or did this month come HARD with dope albums? We had Jay Elec's Lil Uzi Vert, Saint Lyor, The Weeknd and even ODB's debut album was re-released and remastered with like 20 extra songs.

Thank god there was a lockdown because I almost wouldn't have been able to keep up with everything that's been dropping.

Bop/Flop: The XXL freshman voting list-This is a double-edged sword. My last article talking about this outlined a few of the funny standouts that caught my eye as well as what artists I liked from it. I still think this list is amazing if you're looking to discover new music but save for the handful of truly different artists damn near all of these rappers have the same sound and could not be differentiated from.

It's the same old same old stuff every time now.


Flop: The Outline - Today it was announced that The Outline, a popular alternative news website that covered everything from music to tech has just laid off all of its employees. Let me clarify, the employees announced that they were laid off, not the publication - who as of writing this post is still posting content as if nothing happened.

What a bunch of scrubs.

Now more than ever we need good news and laying off an entire newsroom to save a few bucks not only screws a handful of people out of jobs to keep themselves afloat during one of the worst pandemics we've faced - you are now contributing to the problems our government is already facing.

Way to go guys. way to go.

Anyway that's it for the first edition of Bops and Flops, is there anything you think I missed? Let me know what you think in the comments below.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCUT: Jack B talks his latest project "Growing Pains"

How to handle your family on Thanksgiving

Kipp Stone releases exclusive song for Kinda Neat