THE CUT: Domingo Kite is making music for Cleveland's hustlers



Most of the time when people ask me what I'm up to, I normally just say "I'm grinding." I feel like that's true for almost 90% of the people trying to make something of themselves in and around Cleveland. 

Domingo Kite is what I imagine those hustlers listen to when they're out grinding.  

The Cleveland artist skillfully blends a mix of trap, psychedelics and lyricism into his music that makes a compelling listen through every time it's played.  Sonically, Kite uses darker, bass heavy beats that are laced with pianos and other synths that put you into a boss/hustler mentality.

I think my favorite part of this style is that while his music bumps, it's not in your face or overbearing. Kite takes his time with his lyrics, allowing you to visualize everything he's talking about. He doesn't hit you over the head with a steel chair (which can be good sometimes), he makes sure to show you where he's at as concisely as possible.

The end result sounds like music you would blast the bass as high as possible while on you plot your next step to success. But let's not kid ourselves, this music slaps just as much while you're scheming as it would at a hazy night club or house party - it's that versatile.

Check him out below:


Let me know what you think,
Lux

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCUT: Jack B talks his latest project "Growing Pains"

How to handle your family on Thanksgiving

Kipp Stone releases exclusive song for Kinda Neat