THE CUT: AyelookitsBRADY is ready to join Ohio's rap conversation


I'm from Cleveland so this is gonna sound biased - I LOVE Ohio.

One week, I'll be blogging about the Clevelanta movement the next I'll be blogging about R&B singers working with legends like Charles Hamilton. While most of my content has focused on Cleveland so far, AyelookitsBRADY is making a compelling case for Columbus' inclusion.

BRADY has a cool demeanor when he's dropping scientific reference and food reference laced bars. It sounds simple but what you get is an absolutely sharp rhyme scheme that flows over beats without effort. What you end up with are countless quotes that make you pause, rewind and tweet them out - pretending like you thought of it on your own (which I didn't do...yet.)

I also love his sound. Blending a mix of jazzy, lo-fi beats with an almost DIY sounding rhythm to his lyrics - his music is not only interesting, it doesn't get old after a few playthroughs.

Check out his work below and if you like what you're hearing cop his new album "NOT SORRY," which will be available on streaming platforms this Friday.


Check out his previous work here:

 

Let me know what you think,
Lux



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCUT: Jack B talks his latest project "Growing Pains"

How to handle your family on Thanksgiving

Kipp Stone releases exclusive song for Kinda Neat