Why you need to listen to "Louder Than a Riot," right now


It's no secret that I love podcasts.

I mostly listen to them on my way to work every morning covering the suburbs of Cleveland for my 9-5 job as a reporter. There's something engaging about them that I don't get from music that keeps me moving in the morning.

A show I've been listening to that mixes both my love of music and podcasts is "Louder Than a Riot," on NPR. Hosted by Rodney Carmichael and Sidney Madden, the series covers how the law and the hip-hop industry have been at odds since the beginning. 

While its only in it's first season, the show covers extensive topics including Don Cannon's mixtape empire and more recently Bobby Shmurda's rise and fall. My personal favorite is the episode on Cannon because of how wild they treated one of the biggest legends in the game today.

If I had to some it up - it's like This American Life met the Breakfast Club. It's an extremely interesting and extensively reported series that will keep you hooked from beginning to end. Any rap nerd or listener interested in learning more about the medium should listen to this podcast.

Check it out here:

https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510357/louder-than-a-riot

Let me know what you think,

Lux

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCUT: Jack B talks his latest project "Growing Pains"

How to handle your family on Thanksgiving

Kipp Stone releases exclusive song for Kinda Neat