The Cut: Canadian rappers are invading our country and TOBi is leading the charge

 


This is the second Canadian I've featured on the blog, I'm sensing a trend.

If I could best describe the type of music that will more than likely make it on to the blog, I can break it down into one word - Unique.

If you looked that word up, a picture of Nigerian-Canadian rapper TOBi would be right next to the word and I think I'm underselling this dude's music. One song we get trumpets, an old school sample and west coast rhymes, the next we get stripped back drums with slick versatile lyrics.

Favorite lyrics:
Above - "You're well spoken for a black man, that's how you serve a compliment with your back hand."

Below- "Proud boys make noise, lions roar to a cats meow, pound for pound in the ring I'm Pacquiao."



Maybe I'm late on this one, I don't care he needs to be talked about more. His next album comes out Oct. 21 if you fuck with the music. 

Let me know what y'all think.

Lux

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCUT: Jack B talks his latest project "Growing Pains"

How to handle your family on Thanksgiving

Kipp Stone releases exclusive song for Kinda Neat