Kota The Friend reflects on his work in "DraGON"

 


New vibes from a personal favorite of mine, Kota the Friend. He's the kind of rapper that you listen to once and want to download all of his songs. 

This song is no exception. Featuring a reflective Kota rapping about how his work has gotten in the way of his personal happiness. It hits especially close to home since I spend my days working as a journalist and most of my nights writing/researching for the blog. Sometimes I just want to go to bed with my significant other but I keep pushing to build the blog.

Anyway, here's my favorite line from the song:

"Lost myself to a part I play, now I'm just sad and my head hurt."

Don't get me wrong, this song is not depressing. In fact I think it's kind of hopeful because while he talks about his regrets, he also raps over an upbeat guitar riff and gives parting advice about not wasting your time while you're here.

Let me know what you think,
Lux

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCUT: Jack B talks his latest project "Growing Pains"

Kipp Stone releases exclusive song for Kinda Neat

How to handle your family on Thanksgiving