The Best Horror-Core rap albums for Halloween

 


It's spooky season y'all.

I say this as I drink my pumpkin spice latte, curl my toes in fury uggs and snuggles in my cable knit sweater. One of my favorite traditions I've started was watching horror movies every Sunday and reading a Stephen King book in honor of the holiday - it's common place for me now.

Something that's not as common during spooky season, which is a travesty, is horror core rap. Where's the love gone? I mean, legends like Three6Mafia and Eminem got their starts as horror core rappers.

Since Halloween is this weekend, I figured it was high time someone highlight some of the best new horror core albums that have been released in the last few years. 

CAGE- Death Miracles


You may have first heard this rapper tasing bars with Kid Cudi on Man on the Moon II like me. I actually think his verse is the best on that whole project but that's a hot take I'm not ready to debate. The hill I will die on is that this artist is one of the best underground rappers out right now.

Cage has made himself a name in horror rap. My favorite song by him Agent Orange talks about how he survived abortion and my second favorite song from him talks about taking care of someone dying of  meningitis.

His new album, which he released in January, album is just as unholy to say the least. He literally talks about killing god in it. It's perfect for Halloween.



Check him out below:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/death-miracles/1514482823

GHOSTMANE - Anti Icon


For something more experimental then Ghostmane is perfect.

Ghostmane is genre bending rapper/rocker that first got a name after being a part of Lil Peep's crew. That being said, Ghost has stood out and made a name for himself with dark songs that veer more on the heavy metal side than rap.

Still there's no denying the horror core rap and it really sticks out. 

Take a listen to his new album which was released on Oct. 21. Sonically there's so much to take in, from heavy rock to industrial beats to screamo to rap. He was once described as the Marylin Manson of rap, I agree.


Check it here:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/anti-icon/1532775766

ROZZ DYLIAMS - Deathrock EP


Classic rap meets horror core.

It's a combination even I didn't know I wanted but here I am listening to it until my ears bleed. Rozz Dyliam is a lyricist that can spit stories that make you uneasy and his EP, which was released on Sept. 16 is no exception.

At just six songs, Rozz will leave you creeped out and wanting more. It's not the most grotesque album, but it's definitely a good starting point for those interested in the niche.



Check it below:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/deathrock-ep/1531402710

$UICIDEBOY$ - Stop Staring at the Shadows


If you're missing old school horror core. Look no further.

While this isn't exactly like the days of Three 6 Mafia, it certainly takes a lot of influence from that era. I mean...they are being sued by Three 6 Mafia right now.

Really, this album may be splitting hairs, I also consider this Emo Rap but their sounds are so similar to Three 6 Mafia I had to include them. To be honest, this is the album I would probably bump regardless of the season, it hits so hard.



Check it out below:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/stop-staring-at-the-shadows/1499169164

CLIPPING - Visions of Bodies being burned

David Diggs, known for his part in Hamilton (and honestly a ton of other things I can't recall), is in a horror core rap group. Surprisingly, it's really really really good. 

An ode to horror films, this is a political rap album that merges gritty lyrics about burning bodies, lobotomy and murder. Diggs straight up kills every song on this project that features intense drums, samples and synths.

I've only been listening to this album for a short time but it's for sure earned a permanent spot on my playlist.



Check it below:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/visions-of-bodies-being-burned/1526395070

Let me know what you think,

Lux

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCUT: Jack B talks his latest project "Growing Pains"

How to handle your family on Thanksgiving

Kipp Stone releases exclusive song for Kinda Neat