XXL unveils potential candidates for coveted 10th freshman spot




Well, it's time.

XXL has launched its annual 10th freshman spot voting for their top ten freshman list and I'm pretty amped. This is, in my mind the best way to discover new rap talent and get your favorite rappers some recognition they deserve.

When I was in high school, this issue was like a bible to me and the magazine that Kendrick, Based God and Mac Miller was read so much that it was damn near falling apart.

In recent years, these covers have been...hit or miss to say the least. It's starting to feel like the turn over rate for these rappers being hot to flop is rising pretty quickly (Where's Chief Keef? Jon Conor? Iggy Azalea?).

This year, I think the candidates are amazing - and these rap names are starting to get insane. Who the fuck names themselves Azchike, $not or BigKlit? I absolutely love it.

There are some heavy hitters on this list: Lil Tecca, Duke Duece, Don Toliver and Key Glock are all solid artists.  I  genuinely like Abby Jasmine, Chika, TJ Porter and Jasiah. Of course, YSN Flow hailing from Cleveland will always have my ear too.

I really hope AssCheek, Snot or BigKlit make it on the list because regardless of whether I like their music or not they have funniest, most creative names. In my books, that counts for everything..

In the next few days I'm going to wildly speculate who I think made the cover but in the meantime, make sure to take a look at the list here and vote for your favorite rapper.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCUT: Jack B talks his latest project "Growing Pains"

How to handle your family on Thanksgiving

Kipp Stone releases exclusive song for Kinda Neat