A reintroduction of sorts

Just Blaze trumpets blast.

ALLOW ME TO REINTRODUCE MYSELF MY NAME IS:

Alex.

Hi.

First things first: welcome to the new new, that hot off the internet presses blog that's going to (eventually) take the world by storm. Welcome to The Daily Hamilton.

The blog draws its name from two blogs run by rappers I grew up listening to in highschool Asher Roth (thedailykush.com) and Charles Hamilton (itscharleshamilton.blogspot.com). Here we'll cover everything from rap to video games and even some sports sprinkled in there. As long as we can make fun of it we'll have it.

A little about me:
I am a white kid from the tough suburb of Strongsville, Ohio where at most the toughest thing I had to worry about was my highschool cafeteria taking away cookie dough.

Early on I tried to get my foot in the hip-hop industry as a rapper (a serious one too, not like Lil Dicky which really should have been my goal if I was serious). If I can find my old mixtapes, I will post them here for all to listen and laugh.



I graduated from Kent State University in 2018 with a degree in journalism and now I work as a reporter in the Cleveland area.

Currently, I live in a city about 20 minutes from my childhood home. It is just as white and privileged as the suburbs I started out in, the only difference is I now have a girlfriend and a black lab named Zelda (after the aunt from Sabrina, though we also say we named her after the game and the writer cause it's easier than explaining.)

Uhm, this definitely isn't my first time trying to start a blog. In fact, this is an adaptation of an old blog I tried to start on Instagram. A few months back I tried starting a blog called The Statesman where I talked about politics, fashion and other shit but that didn't pan out either (you can still read the old posts on this blog, I'm too lazy to remove them and start over).

I'm borderline closing in on how many times Kanye West has tried to reinvent himself.


Ah the good old days, when Kanye West was just an egomaniac and not a bat shit crazy egomaniac. I mean did you hear his last album? Who the hell listens to that and thinks "This is an absolute banger of an album."

I'm getting off track.

My goals for this blog are simple: one or two posts a day talking about hip-hop, videogames, sports or anything else that I can make fun of. I can't promise there will be a post everyday besides the track of the day because on top of this I am a working journalist and news in this political climate is an absolute circus.

Despite all of that, I wanted to start a blog that found a way to bring humor into some of the most popular and beloved cultures in the world right now. Blog gods and podcast hosts Itsthereal did it back in the day with their blog of the same name but since they transitioned into podcasts and other mediums, I feel like there's been a hole that hasn't been filled.

Eventually, as this project grows you'll see new features and things I'll start offering like podcasts, videos and merch - but all of that is way down the line.

Right now, I am operating on a budget of $0, this is a scrappy blog that's still rough around the edges. I literally decided a few days ago to revive it to kill time while we're on lockdown. You'll see a number of changes to this blog as it grows and we figure out what does and doesn't work.

Just like anyone, a good thing grows and overtime learns from its failures. I hope through it all you stick with this blog as it grows. It's all a part of the process.

Anyway, time to take my dog Zelda for a walk.

Peace!
Alex Kamczyc


P.S.: Should I come up with like a rap pseudonym? I feel like even the bloggers have cool ass names and Alex Kamczyc just screams out "Ham on Rye please, hold the mustard." Could it be a blog in the future?

P.P.S: Did that sign off sound weird? I know I'm splitting hairs here but it just sounds weird.

P.P.P.S: I won't post on the weekend but I'm planning on launching a series called the "Weekend Playlist" which will feature a number of songs put together by me and a little ditty or two talking about the week or something, I don't know.

Whatever Blog post end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCUT: Jack B talks his latest project "Growing Pains"

How to handle your family on Thanksgiving

Kipp Stone releases exclusive song for Kinda Neat