The new, the cool and the weird: Petscop



There’s a common saying that’s passed around the internet when you find yourself watching weird avant- grade videos on YouTube: I fell in a hole.

It happens a lot to me.

One second I’m watching a Kid Cudi music video, the next I’m watching Russian dashcam footage of two men dressed as rabbits flinging trash at each other until 4 a.m.

Falling into a hole at my internship for Cleveland Magazine is how I found Petscop, an online horror. It became my secret year long obsession in between making cold calls and fact checking. 

With a sporadic release schedule, I would check monthly to see if any new episodes were released. I was hooked and I needed a fix of that sweet sweet creepy pasta to get me through the night. 

The game is based around an old PlayStation video game that was never finished. Paul, the person playing the game slowly uncovers a dark twisted story after discover a glitch in the game’s level design.

Honestly that’s the best synopsis I can give. This series is more confusing than an episode of Lost, (dated reference but still landed). I mean that as a compliment though, because it left me wanting to watch more.

Luckily, the entire series wrapped up last week so you can binge every episode (over 20) so you can get hooked to the weird and confusing world of Petscop.

Don’t get mad if you can’t follow it, most of the time I couldn’t follow it either. Part of the fun is trying to figure out the story out hours after you’ve watched the last episode.

I recommend watching this one episode at a time over the course of a month. Too much of this show will fry your brain and render you useless for the day.

Or do, honestly you won’t be disappointed either way.

Just enjoy the weirdness.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCUT: Jack B talks his latest project "Growing Pains"

How to handle your family on Thanksgiving

Kipp Stone releases exclusive song for Kinda Neat